The world is nearing peak garbage—or the phenomenon known as the point of no return. At the moment, the waste in the world is bad enough—and in less than 100 years, we’ll have reached the point which will make saving the planet an impossibility, according to scientists.
The acceleration rate of solid waste at the global level, currently, is 11 million tons per day. And if you think massive industries and traffic pollution are the only factors contributing to this growing problem, think again.
What is Contributing to the Problem?
While it’s true that sprawling industries and traffic pollution is largely responsible for the growing carbon emission issue that plagues the world, we’re all equally responsible. Most of us, on a daily basis, engage in actions that contribute to our choked landfills—and we don’t even know where we’re going wrong. Here’s a breakdown:
- Every year, 258 million tons of solid wasteis produced by the United States. Only 34.6% of this waste is recycled. Some of it is burnt to produce energy—but most of it ends up in landfills. And even though there are 2000 active landfills in the country, the U.S. is running out of landfill space.
- 1% of households get rid of food waste as debris. 77.8% households get rid of plastic as waste. 39% households don’t have any contractors picking up their trash, and instead dispose of in gutters and nearby areas. And all of this comes at the cost of a socially aware 83% respondents in a survey—who professed they knew such dismal waste removal practices contribute to health hazards.
Hiring a Professional Junk Removal Service
A socially responsible way to rectify these mistakes is through hiring a professional junk removal service.
Everything that you use—from clothes to paper, furniture to equipment—contributes to world pollution if it ends up in a landfill. It goes without saying that some things will end up in a landfill nonetheless, but there’s so much that can be salvaged—and there’s no better way going about it than hiring a professional junk removal service.
However, before hiring a professional junk removal service, here are the questions you should be asking yourself:
- Is the service based locally?If it isn’t placed in or near your town, then it should be a service that caters to all of the city, and can be relied on for work.
- Is the service reliable?You can find out by talking directly to a representative, to other people who’ve used the service, or try a trial month. Try their services once to see if they can be trusted.
- Does the service have a defined set of principles? Check if they have their mission stated on their website, to see if they’re serious about what they do.
- Are they environment-friendly?Since the whole point of hiring a junk removal service is to be serviceable in a responsible way, it’s imperative that you’re working with someone who cares about the environment.
RYDL is a professional junk Removal Service Brooklyn, NY that can answer all these questions. Our services include commercial and residential demolition removal service Brooklyn, junk removal, and donation pickups. Find out more about us here.